It has been a chocolate-filled week for me (chocolate Easter eggs, chocolate hot cross buns etc.), and to make matters worse, I've had this craving for chocolate brownies for awhile now. So, when I found this recipe, I just had to make it!
|Chocolate Orange Cheesecake Brownie Squares|
What do you think? Nothing better than some homemade brownies, yes? Make some and have them a bit warm with some ice cream, maybe?
Recipe (adapted from sortedfood.com)
200g dark chocolate
225g caster sugar (I used a lot less than this!)
1 tsp vanilla essence
60g plain flour
Orange cream cheese filling
75g cream cheese
50g caster sugar (once again, I didn't use as much sugar)
75g plain flour
zest of 1 orange
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C and line a rectangular baking tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Melt butter, chocolate and sugar in a microwave, stirring every 30 seconds or so.
3. Crack in the eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth and glossy.
4. Add the flour and cocoa into the chocolate mix and beat well.
5. Pour into the lined baking tin.
6. Beat the sugar and vanilla into the cream cheese, then beat in the egg, flour and zest of the orange to create the cream cheese filling.
7. Spoon the cream cheese mix into the brownie in blobs and use a knife to move the mixture around, creating a marbled effect.
8. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes and allow to cool fully in the tin before cutting into square pieces to serve.
A big thank you to the guys at Sorted Food for coming up with this recipe! The only thing I might do differently next time is reduce the flour content for the cream cheese filling. Other than that, it would have been a perfect brownie.
This has definitely satisfied my brownie craving, even though it means that I will need to find a way to burn away all these calories. Meh, maybe another day!