As mentioned in an earlier post, we've been working on various number of projects this summer. One of my personal projects is making food gifts as Christmas gifts.
I stumbled upon this recipe at sortedfood.com and could not resist making them as they looked so easy to make. These Cranberry Florentines also made really cute gifts for colleagues and friends.
Cranberry Florentines fresh from the oven.
All these cookies are packed and ready to be gifted!
75g caster sugar (I used less as I am not a fan of cookies being super sweet)
2 tbsp honey
75g plain flour
75g dried cranberries
50g glacé cherries (chopped, optional)
50g mixed dried peel
50 flaked almonds
1. Melt butter, sugar and honey over simmering water.
2. Stir in the flour to create a batter.
3. Tip all of the dried fruit and flaked almonds into the batter.
4. Mix well.
5. Spoon mixture with a teaspoon onto baking trays and press slightly to flatten a little.
6. Bake for 10 minutes at 180°C, then cool for 5 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy and happy baking!