Saturday, January 3, 2015

My first brunch of the year at Sixteen Ounces


The team at Food Obsession wishes all our readers an amazing new year ahead! We hope that the year 2015 will bring you lots of good luck, happiness, and good food, of course.

After an almost-year-long hiatus, we thought it was time to start sharing our foodie adventures again. The past year was pretty hectic for all of us, but fortunately, I managed to cruise into the new year with a relaxing catch up brunch at Sixteen Ounces.

Whilst I wanted to try everything on the menu (trust me, everything looked so temptingly delicious), I successfully managed to narrow down my choices, after about 15 minutes of deliberation.

A basket of handcut chips with grated parmesan and lemon aioli to share.

 
Mushroom hollandaise, with avocado and poached eggs.

So, my thoughts? Yummilicious. My photos don't even justify the taste, to be honest.

I loved the well-seasoned crunchy chips and the poached eggs were cooked perfectly - the runny yolk when I cut into it - with a generous serving of avocado. And I love crusty toast at brunch. I must have toast or eggs at brunch. Seriously, it was a feast!

The cafe scene at Perth is definitely expanding and this cafe has got me hooked. It looks like I will have to keep returning to Sixteen Ounces to sample everything else that is on offer. I already have my eye on a certain item on the menu. Salted caramel french toast anyone? Next time. 

  My mocha and I.

With such a pretty set up, relaxed atmosphere, friendly staff and pretty good coffee and food, I wouldn't think twice of walking into Sixteen Ounces on my day off again just to enjoy a cup of hot chocolate (or coffee!), even though alone.

Sixteen Ounces
257 Albany Highway 
Victoria Park WA 6100 

Sixteen Ounces on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

obsessed