Saturday, June 23, 2012

Weekend Brunch: Another Asian Invasion

There's a new kid in town! And he's Asian! 

Ok, Bing Boy has been around for a year now. It is just me falling behind the fad. Just a quick intro, it is a food concept which attempts to bring in Chinese street food onto Australian shores, beginning in Adelaide! 


To quote from the menu, "it is a thin wheat omelette wrap with egg, green onions, coriander, sesame seeds and crispy wonton pieces made hot and fresh with fillings of your choice." They currently have 8 different fillings for you to choose from, however, you may add any extra bits (at additional costs).


I chose the Smoking Salmon: Tasmanian smoked salmon, avocado, mixed pickled vegetable, baby spinach and mayonnaise. I was sceptical initially. How would cold smoked salmon taste when wrapped in a warm crepe-like omelette? (Gosh, please bear with my descriptive words).



I didn't mind it at all! The wrap was not as hot as I thought it would be and I am not a fan of mayonnaise, but that's okay. It would also be a good grab-n-go lunch but I obviously sat down to enjoy while attempting to take shots. Definitely a better option than other Asian takeaways in a food court, I would say.

Bing Boy is now open in three different locations around Adelaide CBD; Southern Cross Arcade, Myers Centre and Renaissance Arcade.

Bing Boy on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

obsessed