Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Little Nyonya dishes

A belated post of this gorgeous lunch in Malacca- nyonya dishes! No dish throughout the entire meal majorly disappoints, in fact a few of them impressed me.


Top hat (paiti?) This was different from any other ones I used to have because it was spicy. Perfect appetizer.


Popiah. This one has pork lard in it! Not for me, but I could think of so many other people who love the extra crunch.


Chilli fillet. Simply beautiful.



Babi ponteh. Apparently it's the only non spicy nyonya dish. According to our hospitable friends, we were lucky to get that dish as they tend to run out rather quickly.



Chicken with candlenut. Honestly I do not remember much of this dish.



Four angle bean. This, however, was a pretty normal dish for me.



Assam prawns. All I can remember os it's small serving size- sorry!

For the six of us, the meal cost us Rm112.90 inclusive of steam rice and two jugs of Chinese tea. Thought it was pretty good :)



Nancy's kitchen
7, Jalan Hang Lexia (third cross st)
Off Jalan Tun Tan Cheng Lock,
Malacca
06-2836099

Location:Malacca

No comments:

Post a Comment

obsessed