Friday, January 27, 2012

First post in the Year of the Dragon

I am soooooo sorry!!! I have a whole long list of excuses: moving houses, work with new responsibilities, cleaning, Australian Open, Chinese New Year, etc. I did not get a Chinese New Year, I was working. Nevertheless, Happy Chinese New Year to all!

To make myself feel better, I thought I would post something Chinese and I rarely do posts as such. Early this year (and I mean really early - 2/1/2012?), my housemates and I went for a New Year celebration at Fortuna Court. 
Let's kickstart the meal with a hot and sour soup. =) This will always be my #1 soup to order at all times. Love it, and love it more with mooorrrreee red wine vinegar. People think I'm crazy.

Salt and pepper soft shell crab. Delish! FYI, I am annoyed with channel Seven for airing the race horses and Australian Open semi at the same time. Am currently watching Djokovic and Murray's match.

Peking ribs, if I'm not mistaken. Very much like Sweet and Sour Ribs- and a child in heart, I love such flavours. Just maybe, I preferred it not to be ribs. I have a love hate relationship with ribs.

And ooo... salt and pepper whitebait. You could tell we are such Asians, we ordered deep fried goodness in almost all the dishes. This item is not on the menu but on their specials board, I missed it one time.

Fried rice...but I do not remember what sort of fried rice it was. Hmrph. Upon realisation there wasn't any vegies, we did end up ordering one midway. By then, I was too hungry and too busy tucking in I did not take a picture of that.

I am glad I gave Fortuna Court another chance. I did not like it on my first visit and I have never gone back until recently. Possibly a 2 year gap in between the first and second visit?

Fortuna Court
217 The Parade
Norwood SA 5067.


No comments:

Post a Comment

obsessed