Monday, June 6, 2011

Cakes or Patties or Bakes

They have many names for this dish. I can't decide which- but I have been discussing this with Jin as patties. There are a gazillionth recipes for these patties on google and I am going to be one of them out there!
So here we are Tuna Patties.

My random recipe is:
2 x 95g Tuna in springwater
1 egg
3 tbsp of almond meal
onion (half)
sweet potato (half)
mixed herbs, salt and pepper to taste

I think that was it. I honestly do not remember. Do anything you like, it is the beauty of tuna patties. Its a cheap meal and most things go with it.
This makes about 4-5 really decent portions.

Had a little mould to shape the tuna patties, as they are nicely wrapped to go into the freezer. They were a bit 'wet' for my liking, and there are two ways to amend it; either more almond meal or draining tuna completely (it means squeezing out the water in the tuna chunks).
Started Monday's lunch box by panfrying the patty. Its a cold lunch box: patty on some lettuce leaves, steamed broccoli and carrot sticks, as well as a mandarin. Fruits that cannot fit in box, but fits perfectly in my new lunchbag are my packham pear and kiwi.
For tomorrow's lunchbox (Tuesday, that is) I've baked the tuna patty. Its buried under the stirfry vegies. Mashed sweet potato and steamed broccoli in the other little box! Warm/ Hot lunch box, this shall be! Fruits that cannot fit in box (again!) are apple and kiwi.

Wonder how long I can keep up with this act of making my lunchbox decent and then, displaying them here =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

obsessed