Sunday, June 12, 2011

My thing to do

during the long weekends... other people like spending them more productively, but I just love bumming around =) My absolute favourite past time.

We were totally slack since thurs when the bosses were away. At the same time, I was way excited over this chocolate mud cake (with maltesers!) to celebrate a colleague's birthday. Birthdays are the perfect excuse to enjoy a piece of cake- and a very sinful one too! It was not too rich with a decent ganache, and maltesers (again!) A chef friend of mine has also told me they have the best curry chicken puff which is totally up to Malaysians standard.

Duffy's Bakery
Shop 5 Norwood Mall
166 The Parade, Norwood SA

With my ''bumming'' personality, I also need the perfectly quick lunch to satisfy my bolognese craving. It is absolutely the easiest sauce to make with must-have items in most pantries; diced tomatoes, four beans mix, fettucine (or any other pasta), mixed herbs. Slice another half onion, two celery sticks, with sliced chicken breast / ham... ta-da, two decent portions of fettucine bolognese and extra sauce for an emergency lunch. note: salt and pepper to taste
 
And... snacks to go with bumming around in front of the computer screen and loads of series. I finally had a chance to taste Red Rock's new flavour Grilled Chorizo and Caramelised Onion. Finally it was on sales and on the shelves of Coles.  (personally, Hurray!) I love chorizos despite them having the highest content of fat in sausages. Having said that, I thought it lacked the chorizo flavour despite having that slight spicy flavour. note: image from the distributors Brisbane

One more day to bum around, Hurray!

No comments:

Post a Comment

obsessed