Sunday, June 26, 2011

Winter fav

A month of winter is almost over, and I have to say we have been enjoying some beautiful weather over the weekend.

An overdue post this is, because I made it during one of those cold wintery weekends. Taken from the Women's Weekly Winter favourites, this recipe of a hearty bacon, lentil and vegie soup has led me to appreciate lentils further.

Recipe (serves 4)
2 tbsps olive oil
1 medium brown onion, chopped finely
4 bacon rashers, finely diced
2 sticks celery, chopped coarsely
2 medium carrots, chopped coarsely (I used 3)
1 cup of red lentils
4 cups of chicken stock
salt and pepper

1. Heat oil in large saucepan, cook onion, bacon, celery and carrots over high heat till softened.
2. Add lentils, then stock, bring to boil. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered for 15 minutes or until vegies and lentils are soft.
3. Serve with bread (toast!)

Love this easy quick soup. Its hearty and enjoyable, suitable to freeze and microwave. Perfect for me for work, and for the days where I just want to bum around. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

obsessed