Monday, June 27, 2011

Friggingly overpriced banana muffins

Anyone in Australia would feel the same way I do, when bananas are no longer our perfect fibre source. With that, there is no way I would spend an average of AUD$10 per kg on bananas. I *hearts* my free bananas.

I dislike seeing kids wasting their overpriced bananas as they merely take a bite of it and having the rest in the bin. Having said that, I see it happening almost everyday.

Recipe (9 muffins)
2 bananas (if its not way expensive, 3 bananas would possibly be better)
1/2 cup of sugar or slightly lesser
1 tbsp olive oil spread (butter, margarine, etc)
1/2 egg, beaten
2/3 self raising flour, sifted
1/3 almond meal
pinch of salt
handful of walnuts

1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Beat eggs and bananas. Add other ingredients and mix well.
3. Fill muffin tray till 3/4 full and bake for 20 minutes.
I baked it for 15 minutes before turning it off, and then keeping them in the warm oven for another 5 mins.

They really aren't the prettiest muffins, I have to say and vanilla extract would also make the muffins more flavoursome. They tend to be a bit too sweet for my liking, but I still enjoyed it.

I actually love it more when its cold, straight out from the fridge. Having said that, I made these muffins as snacks on the go. I think I like it best because I have been deprived of bananas.

*wails* When will bananas prices go down like it used to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

obsessed