Saturday, July 9, 2011

Yangbaechu kimchi for kimchi chigae

That happened on an evening I forgo gym. That was also an evening I decided to cross off an item from my to-do list (procrastinated this for months!!!). That was an evening where I attempted the emergency kimchi from maangchi. She is pretty awesome.

I have attempted her full proper recipe of kimchi and had success, however I thought to myself "Why not give this EMERGENCY KIMCHI a go?" It tasted similar to the longer process of kimchi but it took longer to ferment. In fact, it still hasn't fermented after a week. According to the many comments, it would take about 2-3 weeks to ferment.

I can't wait for my fermented kimchi! But this fresh kimchi is still awesome (esp for those who loves such) and suits my need to make kimchi stews in a wintery night. =)
Edited: This is the chicken kim chi chigae I made- however, the version I made is a little drier than the actual stew would be. Recipe again is taken from maangchi. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

obsessed