Sunday, November 20, 2011

Celebrations


Since Friday, I have been eating all weekend long. My junk intake definitely skyrocketed but it was all worth it! Thank you to the lovely and wonderful people in my life. You guys have made this weekend the most awesome weekend of the year! ^_^

My pre-celebrations began with a Friday afternoon tea and wonderful pressies (which I will upload in a later post). And you cannot have an afternoon tea without saying hello to…
…the giant Mexican marshmallows which were in my cupboard for at least 3 months. Yes, I really mean giant. Just look how huge the packet is compared to my backpack! I only remember laughter that afternoon. We laughed for 15 minutes non-stop. And that was just after consuming one marshmallow.

The Friday evening food binge began at the Twilight Hawker Festival…
...and I gave in to peer pressure. I ate the entire deep-fried potato, or Spiral Spud Stick as it is called (with my choice of chilli salt).

My main, proper meal for the day – vegetarian Gozleme. The boys said the meat one was nicer, but I actually quite enjoyed my cheesy and spinach-filled Gozleme.

Our dessert for the night! Ok, I lied. They wouldn’t let me eat this macaron Christmas tree... =(
I did get to eat proper macarons though…

...and we bought one of every flavour! Boy, was I sugar high that night.

**********
The celebrations continued on Saturday with a dose authentic Indian curry from Mela!

The yummiest chicken briyani in Perth!

Masala dosa! I love dosas. I grew up with eating dosas.
Yummy curried potatoes inside my dosa. I should have ordered another one. *reminisces*

**********
Post celebrations began with the best Sunday suprise!

My casual visit to a friend's house for afternoon tea turned into a surprise - with a special cheesecake, singing, making wishes and blowing the candle. ^_^

I look back over the years now, and I realise yes, I am grateful and very blessed. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

obsessed