Tuesday, November 15, 2011

More love for Thai food =)

We came here for convenience but it is truly a pretty decent place for Thai food in the area. This is not the first review of this place which is a stone's throw away.

 Som Tum [Thai salad of grated carrot and ground peanut with slightly sweet dressing]

According to a friend who lived in Bangkok for 4 years, this is nothing like the actual Somtum. It was missing papaya seeds. Having said that, it was a refreshing salad and the issue of missing papaya seeds could be easily justified, couldn't it?

Pork Pepper and Garlic [Pork panfried with crispy garlic flakes and chilli]

This dish, well, reminds me a lot of the Chinese ''Pau Siew Yok''. Slices of pork, fried in a huge wok till crisp. I love it. =)

Drunken Noodles [Stir fried egg noodles with chicken, vegetables, chilli and fresh basil]

I had a laugh over this. I had all along thought that rice noodles should be used instead of egg noodles. So when it appearred on the table, I was tremendously disappointed. It was my bad- I obviously did not read the print 'Stir fried EGG noodles'. I just wanted drunken noodles!

My girlfriend specifically requested for an egg fried the way Thais did it. That cost us AUD$2. Should I be pleased? It is still just a fried egg. Anyway, I do love the dishes. Having the lady boss to serve us and speak few words of Thai also gave us a warm feeling. My friend definitely felt like being in Bangkok back again.

The Chabaar
230 The Parade
Norwood SA 5067.

No comments:

Post a Comment

obsessed