Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Malaysians' new hang-out joint at this point

I do not have to give captions to these pictures, do I? *laughs* If you do not know it, just read along. Roti canai and teh tarik [pulled tea] are the two items which come to mind when people think of mamak or specifically mamak food. Seriously, people would go crazy over mamak food but I was never one of them.

Having said that, my friends and I persisted one random late night [well, I merely followed the crowd]. One of the staff told us they were already closed for the night but we managed to score ourselves a table [thanks to connections, yay!]. They agreed initially to only hot drinks, but we ended up with roti canai, roti telur [egg roti?] and roti planta [margarine roti?]. I did not take pictures of everything because rotis just look like rotis regardless.

This place is really popular with many international students as it is not expensive. However, it is a small ''corner'' which literally translates itself to ''limited places available''. I see the food served as a healthier version of mamak food as the roti planta was the only one which tasted much like home. *hints oily* I do not think I would initiate meals at Mamak Corner only because I am not a big fan of Asian food outside home but would enjoy the place with my peers as we think of home. Note to self, I have to go there with Malaysians and maybe, Singaporeans too.

Mamak Corner
8 Bank Street
Adelaide SA

No comments:

Post a Comment

obsessed