Friday, May 25, 2012

Travelogue Bangkok Day 2: Best Somtam 2010 CNNgo.com rates

Sorry, am still at the phase of exploring different programs which hopefully explains all the previous ''not-so-great" pictures and this random collage of our day 2 dinner place!

Another planned dinner, I really wanted to go for the somtam and was willing to be one of the many people standing in line waiting for a table. Didn't it justify our food consumption during tea earlier?


Okay, my long-awaited somtam with salted egg (long awaited meaning 'before I stepped into the country'). There was absolutely nothing I hated on this small plate, from ingredients to flavours. There has been much mixed reviews on this place and one of the comments made was this dish being overly sour but I loveddd the sourness!


Another dish popularly debated online- fried fish pieces which merely meant fish cakes. This was a very last minute order, we saw it at the next table and told the waiter immediately. I did not even know this dish was written up as 'fried fish pieces' until much later. Nothing to comment really, it is fish cakes after all.


Ooo... fried chicken! I love my fried chicken and this was good!


 Spicy pork bone soup (because they do not have tomyum and this was the closest to it). It was really spicy and I suggest people with gastric should have this along with rice or something as substantial.


Grilled fish for another good dose of Thai simple flavours.


Another dish not worth shouting about- the fried noodles with pork floss as presentation.

Finally, the minced pork dish which went so well with rice.

I thought the place was totally worth the money, half the cost of my previous night's dinner with just as many dishes if not more. Despite it being an overrated or overhyped restaurant, I would definitely go there again. It is normal for restaurants to have some top dishes and some okay dishes, don't you agree?

Som Tam Nua, Bangkok
Siam Square Soi 5
่่สยามสแควร์ ซอย 5
Phone: 02-2514880
Opening Hours: 11.00am - 09.00pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

obsessed