Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Travelogue Bangkok Day 3: Can you speak Chinese?

Finally, the chance to taste the real pad thai. How should I describe it? It wasn't as sweet as the ones we have in Oz. However, if I have to choose between the Malaysian Char Kuey Teow and Thailand's Pad Thai, I would have Char Kuey Teow at any given time. Anyway, it was an extremely funny experience which took place in Chinatown, Bangkok. There was such a huge communication barrier between us and the auntie, just the thought itself now makes me laugh.


We hunted for more yummy treats along the streets of Chinatown and stopped at this other Chinese shop which I believe is very popular among the locals. The soup was really peppery, it reminded me so much of the Malaysian pork tripe soup. I loved it! The owners, this time, were rather fluent in Mandarin which made the conversation more enjoyable. 

Remember, men need laughter sometimes more than food. 
Anna Fellows Johnston

We believe company makes the food taste much better. Now, throw in some laughter too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

obsessed