Friday, April 1, 2011

Best Chicken Rice Ever!


What does an Asian girl residing overseas crave the most? CHICKEN RICE! Seriously, I was deprived of proper Hainanese chicken rice for such a long time as they do not make tasty chicken rice over here (or I haven't come across anything authentic as yet).

When I visited my cousin in Singapore recently, she was a bit speechless when I requested for chicken rice but she took me to the so-called #1 chicken rice hawker stall in Singapore nonetheless. I was a bit sceptical at first and even more so when I was told that only steamed chicken was served. Growing up with roasted chicken rice, steamed chicken did not have the same appeal. But how wrong was I?!

The Tong Fong Fatt Hainanese Boneless Chicken Rice at the Golden Shoe Foodcourt is absolutely amazing. The rice, drizzled with dark soya sauce, was complemented with the boneless chicken in yummy gravy. It also came with a bowl of clear soup and ginger and chilli sauces (but of course!). It was really the yummiest chicken rice I have had in ages. Trust me. That plate of chicken rice even made a fussy eater like me enjoy the meal tremendously.


If you are planning a holiday in Singapore, I recommend you to stop by. There are many other local delights at the foodcourt, but I still urge you to give this chicken rice stall a try. The foodcourt is flooded with customers during lunchtime so if you do decide to try it out, remember to visit just before or just after the peak lunch hour!

Tong Fong Fatt Hainanese Boneless Chicken Rice
Golden Shoe Carpark
50 Market Street
#02-26

No comments:

Post a Comment

obsessed