Sunday, April 17, 2011

Let's go 'Ah Balling'!

After a night of sightseeing, my cousin and her friends took me to one of those hawker centres for supper. Ok, it was more like dessert for me.

The 'Ah Balling' stall sells 'tang yuan' (i.e. glutinous rice balls) served in peanut soup. Each bowl of 'Ah Balling' (no idea why it's called that) consists of four balls *only!* so I decided to try one of each of the four fillings - yam, red bean, peanut and black sesame.


My bowl of 'tang yuan'!


The yam filling which I was disappointed with. I couldn't even tell it was yam!

Traditional red bean. It was ok. I didn't get excited over it.


Peanut-filled 'tang yuan'. Yummilicious! Will eat this again.


The black sesame. Super liked this! It is on my 'must eat' list.

Ah Balling Peanut Soup
Blk 85 Bedok North St 4

#01-259 Fengshan Market and Food Centre

No comments:

Post a Comment

obsessed