Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter-->Bunny-->Carrot?

If there was ever a perfect excuse for a guilt-free weekend, mine has been "But its Easter!" Having said that, the weekend is over and its back to the 'Lets get healthy' routine.
So the decision was to bake carrot walnut muffins for breakfast before work! MUFFINS, but I never realised they were CUPCAKES till I took it out of the oven and go "Hey, these are not muffins. They are cupcakes!" Blame the holiday brain...
Here's the recipe to a buttery carrot and walnut cupcake recipe. AND it was the title written in my recipe book, I must be blind if my brain was functioning right.

Makes 1 1/2 dozen
225g unsalted butter, softened
225g caster sugar
225 self-raising flour
4 eggs
1 tsp mixed spice
100g chopped walnuts
150g freshly grated carrots
2 tbsp sultanas (which i just did a handful)
I also added some toasted flaked almonds

Preheat oven to 175C. Place baking cases in muffin tins. Combine butter, sugar, flour and eggs in large bowl and beat with an electric whisk until smooth. Stir in the rest of the ingredients and spoon batter into the cases. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove tins from the oven and cool for 5 minutes. 
No longer muffins for breakfast, but cupcakes for tea! They were good, although a bit too buttery for my liking because I am just not a big fan of butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

obsessed