Sunday, May 15, 2011

The classic Chinese takeaway!

Tonight's dinner! I was pleasantly surprised, not to mention it was a 'buy one free one' purchase. Thanks to entertainment card vouchers =) I did contemplate quite a bit because I have been previously disappointed badly by a similar franchise.
Again, playing with colour editing and all =). This is their Combo Box, thin egg noodles with roast pork, lean beef, chicken, prawn, shrimp and Asian vegies wok tossed in oyster sauce. I really enjoyed this- it reminded me of a noodle dish back home. Thank goodness I have rationed it, the first word that came into mind was addictive.
I started off wanting to eat their Mee Gee Seafood Box- thick egg noodles with prawns, calamari, shrimp, seafood flakes, fish cakes, tofu and Asian vegies wok tossed in a Malaysian style sauce but I ended up trying both different noodles (can't contain the excitement of mine!) with an extra side serve of cabbage stirfry. The Malaysian sauce has a slight sourish taste (which I love), and a slight coconut cream taste (which I detest). If I could rephrase the taste of this noodle dish differently, it would be a 'dried-up' laksa sauce.
.
Nevertheless, a meal I thoroughly enjoyed tonight (and tomorrow) because I managed to split the two small boxes into three portions. *all smiles* 

No comments:

Post a Comment

obsessed