Monday, May 9, 2011

My Eating Experience in HK!

This is a very outdated post. Looks like my memories of Hong Kong from a couple of months ago revolve around the dining table only but I just have to share them. Feast your eyes on these mouthwatering dishes! Enjoy!

My first dinner: Roast Pork, Roast Duck and Steamed Chicken.

Look at the steamed rice; the bowl is as large as the plate of steamed chicken.


However, after dinner (and after all the shopping) we were still peckish. We had this radish cake entre for supper. This restaurant can be found near the 'Ladies Market' in Kowloon.

Our mains for supper: Curry fishballs (with squid and radish) and...

... 'roti canai'! Seriously, I was a bit amused *it was really crisp too!*

Our mango desserts for supper! Yummilicious! This one is a mango and glutinous rice ball dessert.

Mango with pomelo dessert.
*Seriously, these were to die for! I recommend them!*

Yum Cha Breakfast! This 'chan thang' was just down the road from our hotel on 'Si Yau Kai'. I always order this - plain 'chee cheong fun'.

'Yau char kuai' wrapped in chee cheong fun *this was so yummy! The 'yau char kuai' was still crispy and it was stuffed with spring onions and shrimp*


More stuff during dim sum: 'Lau sa pau' (top dish) and a plate of ginger and sesame dessert (sorry, I cannot exactly recall what it was called).


'Lau sa pau' - really 'lau' out (i.e. the filling was literally leaking out; it was hot too!)

This one was an interesting dish. I was craving for proper red bean buns and they only served this. It is some form of fried pau with red bean filling. It was good, though. I wish I had more!

The 'pau' was crispy and surprisingly not as oily as I imagined it to be *yum!*


Proper 'tau fu fah' at Yuen Long, with the ceramic bowls and spoons in a tiny shop! I should have had another bowl! It was so good. You could choose to add brown sugar syrup or normal syrup.


Clay pot chicken and mushroom rice! Totally awesome for a cold night.


We enjoyed the mango desserts so much that we decided to return on our last night for supper. Red bean dessert (top left); Mango dessert with glutinous rice balls, again (top right); Mango dessert spread which includes a custard pudding in the middle (bottom tray).

*If only I could be back in HK right now for a weekend feast. Wouldn't that be fantastic?*

No comments:

Post a Comment

obsessed