Saturday, August 27, 2011

A part of my childhood


Bottom left clockwise: The award winning lamb shank, grilled chicken with mushroom sauce, chicken parmigiana, grilled fish of the day, blueberry cheesecake, green tea cheesecake, banana split.

This is an extremely outdated post. A "staff function" I called it, which happened earlier this year back in Malaysia. I was going through my harddisc earlier today and obviously found these pictures. They were meant to be up here a.k.a the blog.

I used to enjoy having meals in Secret Recipe as a child. I remember enjoying their cakes, and in particular, their banana chocolate cake. This visit, however, was a very disappointing one. I am a lot older too!!! Take the grilled fish for instance, the plate presentation itself puts me off and it was a piece of pre-frozen dory fish (if my memory served me correctly). The green tea cheesecake was interesting and new on the menu at that point of time- it has a very distinct green tea taste to it which can get overpowering after a few bites. I was glad we had 5 of us to share the desserts. Need I say any more?

As I always say, it's the company that makes any night fantastic. This is no exception. Beeps- time to get ready for another staff function; drinks, nibbles and bowling.

Secret Recipe
LGF 88, Syuen Hotel
Jalan Sultan Abdul Jalil
30300 Ipoh, Perak

No comments:

Post a Comment

obsessed