Saturday, August 27, 2011

Ten-minute self service

It was my first dining experience at Sassellas (for a colleague’s farewell lunch) and boy, what an experience! Drinks are ordered from the bar and will be served to your table. Food, however, has to be ordered at the kitchen ‘counter’ where you pay, receive a docket and return 10 minutes later to collect your meal. Whilst waiting, why not help yourself to some complimentary bread rolls?

I was sceptical, really, so I timed! There’s a large clock above the counter and when 10 minutes was up, I headed back to the counter, surrendered my docket, and viola, my meal was ready! So what did I order?

Tadah!!

Chicken parmigiana with chips and salad

I was craving hot chips, so I had to order this! And it was delicious! The only thing I didn’t like about Sassellas was the cramp environment where it was difficult for anyone to move around. Other than that, I would go back for lunch again.

Sassellas Bar & Bistro

Upper Hay Street Level Carillon City Arcade,
Perth CBD WA

No comments:

Post a Comment

obsessed