Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Robbing from the rich, giving to the poor

Sounds familiar? I went to dine at this place, Robin Hood Hotel for a surprise birthday dinner. Nothing fancy, just dinner. And the poor ate these food... (assuming the chef who cooks is Robin Hood)

Chargrilled quail, chorizo sausage & roasted lady crystal potato (gluten free)

It is almost not surprising that I would make a very last minute change to this dish, only because of the chorizo sausage. I have a major obsession with anything on the menu with chorizo sausages; chorizo is my middle name. Having said that, the chorizos (make that half a chorizo sliced thinly) were overcooked and just chewy. Quail was fairly alright but it made dinner a very tedious chore. I love the thinly sliced potato (I truly do!) and the salad.
Front: Roasted parsnip, carrot, hazelnut, Bulgarian feta salad, cumin, honey coriander dressing (gluten free)
Back: Falafel with a tomato, cucumber, parsley, red onion, sumac salad, with a yogurt, lemon & cumin dipping sauce (gluten free)

My company of that night ordered two entrees. Verdict: Yummy. We had some chicken schnitzel for a young one, but it was truly not worth posting or even taking a photo of. It was almost interesting that we ordered gluten free dishes all the way.

The place and its food weren't fantastic, but sooooooo close to my house I could almost walk. Then again, I went there by car and I left the choice to the driver who could only tell me "A surprise that really isn't a surprise".

Company beats food anytime hands down. I still had a great time. A simple birthday celebration which ended with hugs, kisses and "I love you"s.

Robin Hood Hotel
315 Portrush Road
Norwood SA 5067

No comments:

Post a Comment

obsessed