Saturday, August 13, 2011

My fav chinese eatery

Ming's Steamboat is one of my favourite places to go now for Chinese food. It is, again, one of those nights where the diners aka US overestimate our appetite and tummy space. Between the two of us, we ordered three dishes and one of them was the Shanghai style pork trotter. Which essentially just means braised pork trotter in sweetened vinegar. Not one of my usual dishes to order at any place and I was a bit apprehensive, but I did enjoy it very much. However, I avoided every bit of the collagen and my girlfriend appreciated it.
NOW this is one of my must-order dishes at all time, at any place if it is on the menu. Salted egg pumpkin which is thick pumpkin cuts stirfried in salted egg. I *hearts* anything with salted egg and would go to the extent of preparing my own fresh salted egg.

We also ordered the Ma-Po toufu; I *hearts* Szechuan flavours and this was absolutely yummy with a serve of rice. There were also interesting juices in carafes to enjoy- and this time I was brave enough to go for selfheal juice. It wasn't bad, but I will stick to sugar cane juice next time.

On another occasion...
Jin's visit to Adelaide last year *reminiscing*. I just had to introduce her to the awesome salted egg pumpkin and we were tempted to order their steamboat. Gluttony plays a huge part in both of us. We had a double broth- Chinese chicken stock (?) and the fiery Szechuan chilli.














The very interesting dipping sauce- sesame paste, red bean paste, chilli oil, crushed garlic, spring onion and coriander. I am sure I stuck to my basic fav flavours- chilli oil, soy and spring onion. That was another night Jin and I made ourselves proud compared to our previous food binge failures.

Mings Steamboat
301-303 Morphett Street
Adelaide SA 5000

No comments:

Post a Comment

obsessed