Friday, September 9, 2011

It's the end of the week! Junkie Friday #1

If it is not obvious enough, I reward myself constantly on a Friday. Jin and I came up with this term, 'Junkie Friday' and I have been doing it for weeks now. I just never made it official till now. Amusingly, my body appearred to understand such reward [okay it is really my mind and in psychological terms this is a form of operant conditioning] and the tummy goes crazy on a Friday evening.

So, my initial plan yesterday was to watch 'Like stars on Earth' and order the largest size available at Dominos with a friend of mine. Last minute changes, I ended up watching the movie on my own with two pieces of tempura battered fish and a side of McCain's seasoned curly fries [hate the photo, I blame the lighting].

This is my first time actually buying a pack of frozen chips from the supermarket and baking them at home [literally means ''let's chuck it in the oven'']. I will fail as a Masterchef contestant in the frozen and canned food challenge of Season 3. Anyway, they did satisfy my need for junk while reminding me of the curly fries I used to buy from McDonalds. What was extremely deceiving was the serving size suggestions; 5 servings in a pack of 500g. Its either my problem or theirs but the figures suggest an extremely small portion size. Along with the broken bits at the far end of the picture, my portion was already half the pack!
The broken bits were the yummy bits. By the time I got to the stringy curly bits, it was cold and slightly soggy [well of course, I was playing with our version of 'toon spencer' and trying to feed him but he obviously wasn't very pleased with the soggy curls].
On a note, Like stars on earth was a beautiful movie on a misunderstood boy who had to go through a rigid school system despite being a dyslexic. Inspirational for someone like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

obsessed