Sunday, September 11, 2011

My special delivery...

“Specially flown all the way from Melbourne for you…” ^^

I caught up with my friend over lunch last Friday, and he gave me a box of these delicious macarons – a souvenir from Melbourne (and no, I am not kidding).

Clockwise (from top right): Strawberry, with a delicious creamy filling and strawberry bits; pistachio flavoured with a bits of real pistachios in the filling; salted caramel which has that perfect burnt caramelised flavour and not overly sweet; black sesame, which is surprisingly not too sweet and just perfect.

My plan to ‘slice’ open and capture the 'innards' of each macaroon on camera failed. The delicate shell just crumbled with each attempt (even the strawberry macaron just barely survived the journey to Perth); hence, my long winded descriptions of each one.

The macarons were yummy. I *hearts* the pistachio and black sesame flavours. Actually, I loved all of them.

This special gift made the perfect end to a very long week. Thank you. =)

The Cupcake Family
Shop 22 Red Cape Lane, QC Centre
Melbourne VIC 3000
http://thecupcakefamily.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment

obsessed