Saturday, September 10, 2011

My Vietnamese ventures

If cooking were painting, Vietnam would have one of the world's most colorful palettes.
Vietventures

Being in the eastern suburbs, Kilkenny in the northern west of Adelaide CBD appeals to me in a different light. It is possibly one of the poorer suburbs around and is the neighbourhood for many Vietnamese.

Anyway, that info wasn't important *presses hard on backspace button*

Some time ago, I bought this pork glutinous rice in a random family-owned mart. I loved it, it was a taste of home after all.

The most recent find in Kilkenny was the exciting one! I wonder what took me so long to discover vietnamese meat rolls after growing up with heaps of vietnamese food. To name a few include Phở/ noodle soup, Bánh xèo/ crepe, Gỏi cuốn/ cold rolls, Nem nướng/ pork meat balls as well as the Bò 7 món/ 7 courses of beef. Boy, I could go on and on. Oh! I also had the opportunity lately to taste a vietnamese dessert which I can never remember its name [thanks to a parent!]. Back to the original point of this post, let us focus on THE Bánh mì/ Baguette or the Vietnamese meat roll.

Everything in it are simple ingredients; pickled carrots, cucumber, fresh coriander leaves and chilli  but it must have been the combination of it all with the dressing and its ''butter spread'' which makes this absolutely delish! It's the best Vietnamese bread rolls you can find in Adelaide and its not just me. All for $4.50. =)

I only wish it is a little closer to home orrr... I own a car.

Tay Do
Cnr First Ave and Hookings Tce (roundabout)
Kilkenny, SA 5009
Near Arndale shopping centre

No comments:

Post a Comment

obsessed