Friday, October 28, 2011

How 'bout dyeing cake?

Okay, I don't literally mean dyeing cake but batik is a fabric dyeing technique This treat from Malaysia [specifically Sarawak] is known as the 'batik cake' [or the hedgehog slice in Oz]. Having said that, I never knew about it being 'Malaysian' until recently. Baked and brought to a gathering by my friends, I finally had a taste of this rich sweet goodness.

So why did I consider this a junkie treat besides the fact that sweets should always be taken in moderation? This batik cake requires only 4 ingredients and boy, they are seriously naughty ingredients; condensed milk, milo, butter and marie biscuits. The no-bake recipe can be provided upon request, however there are many similar recipes available on the web.

My parents would never introduce me to this and I did confirm it again. Mama goes "Condensed milk!''. After all, I was one of those kids out there with restricted access to sweets of all kinds in my childhood days.

I did enjoy little bits of it, but ''OMG, It's sweeeeeeeet.'' and I'm also not a big fan of butter! It does not mean it wasn't awesome though. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

obsessed