Wednesday, October 12, 2011

One popular recipe

circling the blogosphere and the Internet, I have decided to join the crowd! Apparently 20665 people have saved this recipe and 426 people reviewed this recipe giving it an average of 4.5/5 stars review. Taken from allrecipes website, this recipe was extremely interesting for me to replicate due to the implied digits..
So yes, why not? I have almost everything on the recipe excluding certain spices. I need to clear off my red lentils and also need a change of styles from my usual curry.

This is my version of the Red Lentil Curry (serves 4?)
  • 1/2 large onion, diced

  • 1/2 tablespoon curry powder

  • 1/2 can of diced tomatoes                  

  • 1 cup of red lentil

  • 1 teaspoon chili powder

  • 2 tablespoons curry paste

  • 1. Wash the lentils until water runs clear. Then, cook lentils till tender.
    2. Fry off the onions in oil. Combine curry paste, curry powder, chili powder and mix well. Put the mixture with the onions and stir well.
    3. Stir in diced tomatoes and let it simmer further.
    4. When lentils are ready, drain them before mixing curry base into lentils.  

    Did I successfully replicate the recipe? I'd like to think I did, despite certain changes/modifications
    Did I like the recipe? I like it because it was easy to replicate and it was definitely a hearty dish to go along with rice. Certainly a great work lunch too! However, I often like my curry spicy and this certainly lacks the heat I love [personal preference, after all].

    More pros than cons. Good enough for me =)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    obsessed