Thursday, January 20, 2011

Bracegirdle's

By now, all South Australians should know about Bracegirdle's. It is absolutely the best chocolate place in town =)

Until recently, I discovered more of Bracegirdle's rather than merely slurping away my favourite hot drink. Proudly owned by Sue and Gary Bracegirdle, they are now managing three cafes in South Australia, one in Glenelg, another along Greenhill road as well as one in McLaren Vale (yes I do know about these facts beforehand).

It intrigued me when I read about Gary's previous career path- he was previously a high school physical education teacher. In last year's Royal Adelaide Show, the team has proudly won 15 golds and 16 silvers.
I have never tried any cakes of theirs- but I needed something solid to keep me contented before work. Carrot cake with a side serve of cream and half a strawberry. Aud$6, if I was not mistaken.

And the perfect drink to order when I need a boost of coffee before work but can't give up their oh-so-famous chocolate on a warm day- Iced Mocha =D Your choice if you preferred milk, white or dark chocolate. On a note of caution, their chocolates are too sweet for me and 10/10 visits I pick dark chocolate.

Your choice (again!) if you would like to drink it with their slightly segregated layers of coffee, chocolate then icecream or them altogether to enjoy. I did them both ways.

To be honest, I couldn't get through the drink and the cake in a sitting of almost two hours. I loved it but I would stick to my usual option of just one drink per sitting.

Other fun things to try in Bracegirdles (as mentioned in first post) include the Ice Cream Fondue, Ice Cream Bomb (go for Baileys out of the given choices vanilla, chocolate and baileys) and another yummy Ice Coffee.

Bracegirdle's Glenelg
31 Jetty Road, Glenelg
Bracegirdle's Toorak Gardens
389-391 Greenhill Rd,
Toorak Gardens

No comments:

Post a Comment

obsessed