Monday, January 31, 2011

Local sweets

Who wouldn't go crazy over sweets? Oh wait... We do have a travel companion who doesn't due to health reasons.

Anyway, here it is... Cheers to us and sweets!


Durian cendol @ Jonker 88. You could tell that there is less sugar (or the much loved gula Melaka/ brown sugar).


Eight treasures cendol @ Jonker 88. I have to say the syrup was way too sweet for my liking.


Baba Charlie nyonya cakes.


Homemade dodol and acar (pickle)


Look at the colourful kuehs (sweets). For a minute, I lost my breath and was swooning over every little piece.

After checking out the varieties, it was finally time to pick up a basket and tongs! Boy, did we go crazy with all sorts including Ayam masak merah, mango pickle and rendang too!

Baba Charlie has now become one of my must-go places in malacca. Go to for contact information- the blog has not been updated, however.



I forgot to mention the freshly wrapped nasi lemak, although I've obviously sidetracked.

using from my iPhone

Location:Malacca

No comments:

Post a Comment

obsessed