Saturday, January 22, 2011

Loving some bits of summer- Stone fruits!

Guess who's here again! Well, I have not formally introduced them but they are Sabrina and Jetster. I honestly have no idea which one is which. They needed a cool place to hang out for a couple of hours- so here they are with Aunt Mich (they have absolutely no right to call me that). Apparently they are stressed and overweight.
Bought some peaches not too long ago- and honestly I do love this part of summer (a lot!) So with every random bits here and there in the kitchen, I made a peach salad. Base recipe taken from the coles website, I have tweaked it so much (no longer a tweak!) only 2 main ingredients stayed.
Toasting flaked almonds for the extra crunch!



Cos lettuce as the base, I added 4 beans mix for the extra body with some grated lime zest and juice for the acidic component. Major confession- I love the acidic component in all my food. The original recipe called for lemon juice. Tip (as all major chefs suggest)- roll your lemon/lime before cutting them to release the juice.


After tossing the base, top the salad with freshly sliced peaches (all I used was one medium sized peach) and then, the toasted flaked almonds. Walnuts are always another good substitute =)
Honestly, canned 4 beans mix doesn't seem to integrate well in this salad. Other than that, it is definitely one refreshing salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

obsessed