Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My sugar-filled day

Ingredients for a supposedly 'foolproof' chocolate fondant recipe (taken from womans&home)

Serves 2 jumbo texas muffin pan (or 3 ramekins)
70 g   dark chocolate
56 g   unsalted butter
100g  caster sugar
2 eggs, beaten
     50 g   sifted, plain flour
    1tbsp  apple chocolate liqueur

Melt chocolate and butter before adding sugar, liqueur and vanilla extract, if preferred. Remove from heat to cool slightly. Whisk in eggs, a little at a time and then, fold in sifted flour. Bake in a preheated oven at 180C  (160C fan forced) for 10 minutes.



These are obviously shots from two different times, one during the day and one at night. I am still mastering how to use my 'not-so-savvy' digicam. It didn't hold up the way it should be but it definitely had the ooze any chocolate fondant should have. But boy, was it too sweet for my liking especially when I'm not one with high tolerance for sugar (so Jin said)

Was it a fool-proof chocolate fondant recipe? For now, I have to disagree but I will certainly attempt a fondant again. Not for some time, as the sugar is getting to me! 

A short review on the Christmas product of Cadbury's, the Magical Elves. Both Jin and I tasted this product for the very first time today. Both of us found it to be extremely sweet, with popping candy in their usual Dairy Milk. As listed in the ingredients, popping candy is just more sugar and glucose! 
I thought the popping candy was an interesting bit for that mere one second, merely because I miss the popping sensation in the mouth. All I need is one fun size Magical Elf.


A blue background was attempted to see how the image goes =) Anyway, I think I will be bouncing off walls tonight!!!

"note: to be eaten away from the company of others, unless you want to explain the suspicious explosion from the corners of your teeth" Jin said

2 comments:

  1. Mich u r very good in photo shooting! Got talent huh! The food is really mouthwatering...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still couldn't do it at the first few times of a position or to consistently take successful shots. Slowly mastering!

    Thanks. And...good job on having your first post up =D

    ReplyDelete

obsessed