Friday, January 28, 2011

Choco Banana Cookies

First attempt of chocolate banana cookies without having rolled oats in them. These were not as yummy as those with rolled oats (as I'd like to think) but they remind me lots of my childhood memories-little snacks I get from school. I've cut the recipe into half due to 'limited' resources and tweaked little things here and there.

Recipe (full portion)
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature (used dairy free spread instead)
1 cup of sugar
1 egg, room temperature
1 cup mashed bananas (definitely used more than recommended)
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups flour
pinch of salt
1 1/2 mixed spice
1 cup nuts or chocolate chips (I used whatever I have left-possibly less than half a cup)

*Full portion recipe was given. Again, I halved the recipe.

1. Preheat 350F (180C). Cream butter and sugar together till light and fluffy. Add egg and continue to beat.
2. Mash banana with baking soda. Sit for 2 minutes
3. Mix banana into butter. Flour, salt, and spices sifted into mixture.
4. Fold nuts or chocolate chips and bake for 11-13 minutes.
The mixture looked a bit runny due to the 'extra' bananas. Had to use up the bananas some how or another.
I didn't like it because it didn't taste like crispy crunchy cookies. Having said that, I loved it because it had that 'memory' attached to it, although the ones I used to have were deep fried instead. They were extremely addictive, however. Who can possibly say no to the combination of banana and chocolate chips!?!
They stayed moist till the next day. Confession ( you possibly realise I have heaps of confession), my measurements while baking weren't exactly accurate although I've provided the actual measurement from the recipe. The texture might end up different if you were being truly precise. Yours truly, on the other hand, was racing against time but still wanted to bake. =D

Psst... They were gone the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

obsessed